Thank you for your interest in the Fall Classic Breeders Sale.
Please read the entire 2018 Nomination Information Package.
Nomination Package 2018
Choose one of the two options to nominate a horse
- Complete the Online Nomination Form or
- Complete the PDF form and mail or scan and email it to the office. PDF Nomination Form 2018
Use the online form to nominate your horse for the sale. The form allows you to save a partially completed form (link at the very bottom of the form) and return later if you need to find a missing piece of information. When you click “Submit”, you will receive an email with all the information you completed on the Nomination Form.
If there were any errors or incomplete information in your form, the form will not send and you will be directed to the field(s) on the form requiring attention. Your submission has not been accepted until you are redirected to the “Nomination Accepted” page on this website.
The last step with online nominations is to mail all required documentation (original registration papers, cheque for fees, breeding certificate if applicable, and passport if applicable) to the Sale Office. Nominations are considered complete when all documentation is received at the office.
Download the PDF Nomination Form 2018, then print and email or mail to the office.
This form has fields that are editable on your computer, or you can print it and manually complete all the fields.
The last step with the PDF Nomination Form is to email the saved/completed form or snail mail the completed form and all required documentation (original registration papers, cheque for fees, breeding certificate if applicable, and passport if applicable) to the Sale Office. Email catalogue notes (maximum of 1760 characters) for the nominated horse, its sire, and its dam prior to the nomination deadline.
- Horses eligible for nomination must be registered Canadian Warmblood or with another recognized Warmblood registry (as in 1.1 and 1.2 below), and
- the offspring of a Stallion licensed or approved by a recognized Warmblood registry OR;
- the offspring of a Mare inspected by a recognized Warmblood registry AND;
- have Warmblood pedigree content as recognized by the CWHBA Articles of Incorporation or, in the case of Thoroughbred, Arab, or Anglo-Arab, be a
- Mare inspected and entered into the CWHBA Stud Book and confirmed to be in foal by a stallion that is licensed or approved by the CWHBA.
- Stallion that has been inspected and entered in the CWHBA Stud Book.
- Recognized Warmblood registries include but are not limited to:
- American Hanoverian, Dutch Warmblood, Oldenburg, Trakehner, Baden-Wurttemburg, Hanoverian, Selle FranÃ§ais, Weilkopolski, Belgian Warmblood, Hessen, Swedish Warmblood, Westfalen, Danish Warmblood, Holstein, Swiss Warmblood
- Providing horses meet CWHBA standards for warmblood registration: Canadian Sport Horse, Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar *For other registries, contact the sale office for eligibility.
- Horse must be Canadian born, except in the case of broodmares and embryo transfer (ET) mares.
- Performance horses and Prospects Under Saddle must be 8 years of age or under as of the date of the sale.
- Embryo Transfer (ET) surrogate mares must;
- have pregnancy confirmed 90 days prior to sale date at nomination time and within 10 days prior to the date of the sale.
- Dam and Sire must be approved for breeding by either CWHBA or another approved registry, DNA must be on file with this registry. An Embryo Transfer of Ownership Application for sale of embryos and a breeding certificate must accompany the nomination form.
- All pregnant mares must;
- have pregnancy confirmed within 10 days prior to the date of the sale.
- Consignor must be a member in good standing of the CWHBA. Non-members must have a current regular or associate membership at the time of the sale. Visit www.canadianwarmbloods.com for information on membership.
The balance of the terms, conditions, and governing policy of the sale can be reviewed in the complete Nomination Package 2018.
X-rays are required for all Performance Horses and Prospects Under Saddle 3 years of age and older.