Thank you for your interest in the Fall Classic Breeders Sale.
Please read the entire 2020 Nomination Information Package.
**Please note that the buyback fee listed in the package will not be applied to horses who do not meet their reserve price.
Choose one of the two options to nominate a horse
- Complete the Online Nomination Form or
- Download / complete the PDF form and mail or scan / email to the office.
1. Online Nomination Form
Use the online form to nominate your horse for the sale. Before you begin, you must have a scan of the horse’s registration papers or application for registration and a digital left side full body profile photograph of the horse. The nomination form will require you to attach these items. The form allows you to save a partially completed form (link at the very bottom of the form) and return later if you need to find a missing piece of information. When you click “Submit”, you will receive an email with all the information you completed on the Nomination Form.
If there were any errors or incomplete information in your form, the form will not send and you will be directed to the field(s) on the form requiring attention. Your submission has not been accepted until you are redirected to the “Nomination Accepted” page on this website.
The final step is to email transfer the payment or mail a cheque for each nomination. Payments must be received by the nomination deadline. Any incomplete or unpaid nominations will be placed on a waitlist.
2. Complete the PDF Nomination Form
Download the PDF Nomination Form below, complete all of the required fields, email or print and mail to the office.
This form has fields that are editable on your computer, or you can print it and manually complete all of the fields.
The last step with the PDF Nomination Form is to email the saved/completed form or mail the completed form and all required documentation (copy or original of registration papers, cheque for fees, breeding certificate if applicable, and passport if applicable) to the Sale Office. Email catalogue notes (maximum of 1760 characters) for the nominated horse, its sire, and its dam prior to the nomination deadline.
1) Horses eligible for nomination must be registered Canadian Warmblood or with another recognized Warmblood registry (as in I.1 and I.2 below), and
a) the offspring of a Stallion licensed or approved by a recognized Warmblood registry AND;
b) the offspring of a Mare inspected by a recognized Warmblood registry AND;
c) have Warmblood pedigree content as recognized by the CWHBA Articles of Incorporation or, in the case of Thoroughbred, Arab, or Anglo-Arab, be a:
i) Mare inspected and entered into the CWHBA Stud Book and confirmed to be in foal by a stallion that is licensed or approved by the CWHBA.
ii) Stallion that has been inspected and entered in the CWHBA Stud Book.
Recognized Warmblood registries include but are not limited to:
1.1 American Hanoverian Dutch Warmblood Oldenburg Trakehner
Baden-Wurttemburg Hanoverian Selle Français Weilkopolski
Belgian Warmblood Hessen Swedish Warmblood Westfalen
Danish Warmblood Holstein Swiss Warmblood
1.2 Providing horses meet CWHBA standards for warmblood registration:
Canadian Sport Horse Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar
2) Priority will be given to Canadian-born horses but a limited number of imports will be permitted at the discretion of the sale committee with proof of Canadian ownership
3) Prospects Under Saddle must be 6 years of age or under as of the date of the sale.
4) Performance Horses must be 12 years of age or under as of the date of the sale.
5) Horses nominated to the Performance Horse category must have shown at a minimum of one EC-rated show and must have a passport, horse recording number.
6) Broodmares must:
a) be 15 years of age or under as of the date of the sale AND;
b) have been bred in the sale year to an approved warmblood stallion as per CWHBA standards of pedigree AND;
c) meet the same soundness requirements as Performance Horses (with the exception of ET surrogates); AND
d) meet breed eligibility requirements (including inspection); AND
e) have pregnancy confirmed within 10 days of the date of the sale.
7) Embryo Transfer (ET) surrogate mares must;
a) have pregnancy confirmed 60 days prior to sale date and within 10 days of the date of the sale.
b) Dam and Sire must be approved for breeding by either CWHBA or another approved registry, DNA must be on file with this registry. An Embryo Transfer of Ownership Application for sale of embryos and a breeding certificate must accompany the nomination form.
8) Consignor must be a member in good standing of the CWHBA. Non-members must have a current regular or associate membership at the time of the sale. Visit www.canadianwarmbloods.com for information on membership
X-rays are required for performance horses , prospects, and two year olds. It is highly recommended X-rays are done prior to nomination. X-rays are required by Aug 10. x-rays can be no older than 6 months and must clearly indicate the date they were taken and horse’s registered name. The required x-rays views ( see Appendix A) MUST be emailed to the sale administrator by your veterinarian prior to Aug 10.