Terms and Conditions
We invite you to participate in the Equine Art Selection process for the CWHBA Fall Classic Breeders Sale. The terms and conditions of participation are as follows:
- Participants must submit a completed submission form and clear, colour photograph or scan for each piece of artwork to the selection committee by the deadline of May 28, 2020. Submission of more than one project is permitted — a submission form and photograph/scan must be submitted for each piece. Submissions may be made by mail or email. The artwork must be suitable for colour print reproduction.
- The selection committee will choose one of the submissions for use as the image for the 2020 sale. The image will be used on the CWHBA Fall Classic Breeders Sale web site, in the advertising for the sale, on the catalogue cover, and on any promotional materials. The artist, upon making the submission, grants to the CWHBA Alberta Chapter copyright authorization for reproduction of the artwork for these express purposes.
- The selected piece will be sold at auction as Lot 0 of the sale. A 20% commission on the sale of the work will be retained by the CWHBA, with the balance (80%) paid to the artist. Artwork must be sent to CWHBA framed, and the cost of framing is at the artist’s expense.
- GST will be charged on all sales according to Canadian law. This requires the artist, if registered, to supply a GST number to the CWHBA Alberta Chapter so that we may collect GST on your behalf.
- The winning artist will be notified no later than noon, June 10, 2020 of their selected piece. A high-resolution scan must be submitted by May 15, 2020 for use on the printed promotional items and the original piece must be received by September 1, 2020.
- The winning artist will be named in the sale catalogue and on the sale web site, including a full bio and contact information.
- Please complete this form for each piece of artwork submitted.
- Submissions must be received by May 28, 2020.