Horses eligible for nomination must be registered Canadian Warmblood or Warmblood registered horses, and
- the offspring of a Stallion licensed or approved by a recognized Warmblood registry OR;
- the offspring of a Mare inspected by a recognized Warmblood registry AND;
- have Warmblood pedigree content as recognized by the CWHBA Articles of Incorporation or, in the case of Thoroughbred, Arab, or Anglo-Arab, be a:
- Mare inspected and entered into the CWHBA Stud Book and confirmed to be in foal by a stallion that is licensed or approved by the CWHBA.
- Stallion that has been inspected and entered in the CWHBA Stud Book.
Recognized Warmblood registries include but are not limited to:
Baden-Wurttemburg, Dutch Warmblood, Hanoverian, Selle FranÃ§ais, Hessen, Holstein, Oldenburg, Trakehner, Swiss Warmblood, American Hanoverian,
Swedish Warmblood, Danish Warmblood, Westfalen, Belgian Warmblood, Weilkopolski
In addition, providing horses meet CWHBA standards for warmblood registration: Canadian Sport Horse, Rheinland-Pfalz-Saar
- Horse must be Canadian born, except in the case of broodmares.
- Performance horses must be 12 years and under. Broodmares must be 15 years and under.
- Owner must be a CWHBA member in good standing.
- Pregnant mares must meet breed eligibility requirements and be covered by a stallion entered in the CWHBA studbook. Pregnancy is confirmed within 10 days of the sale.