You placed the successful final bid, the auctioneer called “Sold’ and now you are the proud owner of a new horse. Here are some suggestions to help you through the process:
- You will receive an email from the sale office the evening following the auction with information on how to make payment for your new horse. All payments are made via direct bank deposit on the Tuesday following the sale (Monday is a bank holiday in Canada).
- Your horse will be boarded at seller’s facility, at seller’s expense for up to 14 days
- An insurance agent contact will be made available if you would like to purchase insurance for your horse. The necessary health documents are available through the sale administrator.
- Registration papers will be sent to the appropriate registry office along with the transfer documents. Papers will be issued in your name and sent directly to you from the registry.
- Horses being exported to the US will require a health certificate endorsed by a federal inspector (see export regulations below). Transport companies are familiar with the requirements and will assist with this process.
- Arrange to have your new horse shipped home. You may wish to contact one of the horse transport companies listed below.
Insuring Your Horse
Insurance will be held by CWHBA for 10 days
The Sale Committee will provide a suitable horse insurance agent, to be present at the sale to insure your new purchase.
The following horse transport companies can assist you in shipping your new horse. This listing is provided as information only for your convenience and does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the CWHBA Alberta Chapter. Arrangements to be made by purchaser.
|D Bar C Horse Transport
|Canada and USA||(780) 789-2408
(780) 918-1590 (cell)
|Elliott Equine Transport||Florida, Texas, Kentucky, California, Arizona, Alberta and all points in between.||(403) 995-0997
(903) 421-4860 (cell)
|Foothills Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(403) 560-6677|
|Hess Horse Transport||Canada and USA||(403) 805-0944|
|Hooves ‘N’ Hounds||Canada and USA||(888) 436-0662|
|Horses Unlimited||Alberta, Nova Scotia and points in between||(902) 485-8538|
|Perry Horse Transport||Canada, eastern US, southern US||(800) 263-2396 (toll free) or (905) 859-0333 (office)|
|Thompsons Horse Van Lines||AB, BC, US West Coast, Connections from Seattle to all points US, can arrange local layover||(866) 404-6269 (toll free) or (604) 534-6269 (office)|
|Twilight Hauling||Canada and USA||(780) 235-1367|
If you require assistance or information regarding Federal Health Papers and Coggins Test to allow for export to the US, please contact the sale office.
View current Export Regulations
All horses sold through the Fall Classic Sale will have a current negative Coggins test and horses destined to the US will have a Veterinary Health Certificate completed by the sale veterinarian. Health certificates must be endorsed by a veterinary inspector from the CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) before the horse can cross the border.